Latest News Articles
- Bulletin October 7, 2018
- Bulletin September 30, 2018
- Bulletin September 23, 2018
- Bulletin September 16, 2018
- Bulletin September 9, 2018
Most Viewed News Articles
- Anglican - Methodist Covenant
- O for a Thousand Tongues: Hymnbooks from the Colin Gibson Collection
- Trinity College News
- "Hands of 500"
- Re-dedication of the organ at Mornington Church
- Added February 21st, 2010
- One attached file (jpg, 78kb).
- Viewed 1209 times
43rd Ecumenical Festival of Flowers in Praise.
Added on February 21st, 2010
They made a striking arrangement using the red flowers of the rata, contrasting with the dark stems of flax flowers, with other plants, and a clematis trailing over a gate.
Their text was from Mother Teresa: "Spread love to everyone you go to: first of all in your own house ... Let no-one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness".
The theme of the festival this year was Love your neighbour, and proceeds were going to Habitat for Humanity.
There were 41 displays from different churches and groups, as well as colourful floral swags attached to the columns, and floral baskets on the pews in the central aisle. The continuing success of this festival is a tribute to the presidents and committee over the years - and also to the participants