Latest News Articles
- Bulletin, October 18, 2020
- Bulletin, October 11, 2020
- Bulletin, October 4, 2020
- Bulletin, September 27, 2020
- Bulletin, September 20, 2020
Most Viewed News Articles
- O for a Thousand Tongues: Hymnbooks from the Colin Gibson Collection
- Anglican - Methodist Covenant
- Trinity College News
- "Hands of 500"
- Re-dedication of the organ at Mornington Church
- Added September 19th, 2009
- Viewed 1485 times
Celebrations at Wesley and Mornington Churches.
Added on September 19th, 2009
Last Sunday was a memorable day of celebration. The President of the Methodist Church, Rev. Jill van de Geer, was our guest preacher at a Parish service at Wesley in the morning. Her theme was, "Sing a new song", taken from Psalm 96, and she challenged us to make sure that we put our faith into practice. To emphasise the point we learned and sang a brand new hymn written for the occasion by Colin Gibson, "Sing a new song to the Lord all you people".
On Sunday evening about 70 people gathered for a dinner concert in Mornington Church in honour of the president, who was accompanied by her husband, Maurice.
On this occasion we also celebrated the 25th anniversary of the building, and the restoration of the unique Walker organ.
Many thanks to all who helped make these events such good occasions.
Thanks to Colin Gibson for organising and compering the dinner-concert, and to Judy Russell and team for another excellent dinner. The net proceeds of $435 go to the Wesley Village project