Latest News Articles
- Bulletin, October 24, 2021
- Bulletin, October 3, 2021
- Bulletin, September 26, 2021
- Bulletin, September 19, 2021
- Bulletin, September 5, 2021
Most Viewed News Articles
- Anglican - Methodist Covenant
- O for a Thousand Tongues: Hymnbooks from the Colin Gibson Collection
- Trinity College News
- "Hands of 500"
- Re-dedication of the organ at Mornington Church
- Added February 8th, 2010
- Viewed 1556 times
Dinner and concert for Haiti raised $1600.
Added on February 8th, 2010
A hastily arranged parish dinner and concert for Haiti relief, held on Saturday 6th February (Waitangi Day), at Mornington Church, proved to be a very successful fund raiser, and was much enjoyed by the seventy or so people who attended.
The dinner, advertised as a plain meal, was nevertheless up to our chef, Judy Russell's usual standard -- in fact the only plain thing seemed to be that there was only water to drink! Everyone was happy to be there, and the concert which followed did not disappoint.
The items were a mix of fun and serious. An extract from the play Equus, a poem by Margaret Mahy, Down behind the chair!, and a reading from Bleak House, were interspersed with piano duets, solos, and the Mornington Church choir.
Instead of the usual charge for the meal, donations were invited, the result being $1600 profit being made. This is to be given through Christian World Service which is supporting ACT (Action by Churches Together) in Haiti.