Latest News Articles
- Bulletin, September 27, 2020
- Bulletin, September 20, 2020
- Bulletin, September 13, 2020
- Bulletin, September 6, 2020
- Bulletin, August 30, 2020
Most Viewed News Articles
- O for a Thousand Tongues: Hymnbooks from the Colin Gibson Collection
- Anglican - Methodist Covenant
- Trinity College News
- "Hands of 500"
- Re-dedication of the organ at Mornington Church
- Added February 17th, 2011
- One attached file (jpg, 242kb).
- Viewed 1873 times
Ecumenical Festival of Flowers in Praise.
Added on February 17th, 2011
Our Parish contributed an entry created by Lynley Kloogh and Robyn Freeth which featured agapanthus, kangaroo paw, white daisies and knipophia (red hot pokers).
There were many beautiful arrangements on display, as well as floral swags hanging from the pillars, and floral baskets on the end of the pews. The Cathedral makes a lovely setting for this event.
Proceeds went this year to the Otago Rescue Helicopter Trust, who received a donation of $2,000 from the Festival. The theme for 2011 was A beacon whose light must never die (words from the hymn For the might of your arm we bless you, by C.S. Horne), chosen to reflect the mission of the Otago Rescue Helicopter Trust
Further photos of the Parish entry and other entries in the Festival can be viewed under Photos: This and that.